John Molnar is the driving force behind The Cod's Scallops. His commitment to quality and locally sourced, seasonal produce, shines through in the extensive menu.
John has assembled a team of some of the finest local hospitality professionals to ensure smooth running of The Cod's Scallops and the continuation of traditions established at The Larwood & Voce and The Lord Nelson, The Wollaton and The Royal Oak.
We work closely with our fish suppliers on the coast to source sustainable fish were possible. We are always proactive to ensure that maintaining a premium quality supply does not mean compromising future fish supplies.
- Here are a few of our suppliers that ensure quality fish is always on your plate.
- GMR seafoods, smoked haddock, hake & kippers
- Venture seafoods, Bridlington dressed crab
- Smales & Sons, Hull Frozen at sea cod
- S & J Shellfish, cockles, mussels alive alive o!
- Q&A Fish, Shetland isle, MSC approved scallops
- H & A Potatoes with 35 years experience in sourcing the best local potato for the finest chip. Varieties include, Maris Pipers & Challenges
- Marisco Fis, Cornwall, all locally caught day boat fish
- And last but not least Richard @ Nottingham Seafoods, who ensures our fish is so fresh that tomorrow's tea is still in the sea!
Wherever possible we use local, seasonal produce thus cutting our impact on the environment. We recycle all glass and paper goods in specially designated bins. Appropriate food waste is composted in circumstances where it is safe to do so. We aim to cut energy and water consumption wherever possible.